Sunday, April 10, 2011

Emptying the Bucket List

A LAST MINUET LIST OF MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS THAT WERE LIVED BUT HAVEN'T BEEN BLOGGED CAUSE I WAS LIVING OTHER EQUALLY MEMORABLE MOMENTS:

1. My lunchtime ritual was firstly to sit on the steps of the Grand Palais and draw the golden gates of the Petit Palais across the street.




and then to promenade along the Champs Elysée with my crepe chocolate or crepe fromage.

2. The luxury of spending a whole undisturbed afternoon at the Musee Des Arts Decoratifs and marvelling at the 17th century marquetry and parquetry work. Seriously awe inspiring.

3. Discovering poetic claims of public space. This bridge was full of locks on which people had left messages.



4.  Every single French person confirming my own geographical anxiety and distress - “Wow. Australia – that’s so far... from everywhere!”

5.Having dinner with author Dinaw Mengutsa (plus other wonderfully interesting people) then going to a bookshop in Saint Germain to buy his latest book "How to read air" – If you haven’t read his first book, I’ll lend it to you. 

6.   Making a new friend C who I wanted to put in my pocket and take back to Australia.


7.Being recognised in a restaurant for my art work at the Art fair "Hey you made the dust work on the table! That was one of my favourite pieces" – I'm not sure who was more excited them or me! 

·     Lastly and most significantly - every day I experienced the remarkable support, respect, encouragement and care of K&G who have took a some what subversive risks to show an ephemeral artwork at an art fair. It is a wonderful and encouraging experience to be supported by such passionate and understanding people. 

    Life as an artists can at times be demoralising, uncertain, lonely and gruelling relentless hard work - but  occasionally you get an email saying "Hey did I mention your going to Paris in March"... 



    

1 comment: