Sunday, March 27, 2011

I miss my iphone

I've been trying to get in touch with one of the gallery staff today. A simple 2 second task, to check if the table has arrived, so I can head over to the Grand Palais and start work. Such a very small act of communication and yet....

1. My mobile phone appears to not let me call international numbers this morning.
2. I send a text. I get no reply
3. I use the landline phone to call her mobile. An automated French voice says french things
4. I use the landline to call her home number in Paris. Its either engaged or no-ones home, can't tell what     the tone means.
5. I send her an email. It bounces back, her mail box is full
6. I send K a text to her Paris mobile. It fails.
7. I try to send an SOS email to every single person from gallery, but my email account has locked me out.
8. I call the Paris home number every half an hour for 2 hours. Finally "Bonjour, C'est Hannah Bertram. Est-ce que je parlez avec Geraldine".  Non, she can call you in half an hour. "D'accore Bien!"

I wait . . .

I wait . . . .

I made an hour long concentrated and thorough search of my luggage for sticky tape to start strengthening the stencils  - there's none.

I wait ....

9. I use the land line to call K's french mobile number. An automated French voice says french things.
10. I use the landline to call K's holiday house number and finally TADA! - 4 hours later I make contact.

So I'm off to do a little dusting at the Grand Palais.


No comments:

Post a Comment